By George Aluo
Rivers state government appears to be leaving no stone unturned in her efforts to successfully host the International Sports Press Association (AIPS) World Executive Committee cum Congress billed for October this year in Port Harcourt.
The state government yesterday constituted a committee headed by SWAN president Honour Sirawo who early this week was sworn in as a Permanent Secretary in the state civil service.
A statement signed by Gov Nyesom Wike’s SA Electronic Media, Simeon Nwakaudu stated in part: “The Rivers State Executive Council has approved the constitution of a Committee for the hosting of the International Sport Press Association (AIPS) World Executive Committee Meeting and the AIPs Africa Congress billed for Port Harcourt in October, 2020. Members of the Committee are:
1. National President, Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN) , Honour Sirawoo (Chairman)
2. Commissioner for Information , Paulinus Nsirim
3. Christopher Green, Special Adviser, Real Madrid Academy
4. Special Adviser, School Sports
5. I. Bob Manuel ,Chairman, Sports Writers Association of Nigeria, Rivers State
6. Commissioner for Youth Development, Mr Ohia Prince
7. Commissioner for Special Duties, Governor’s Office , Emeka Onowu
8. Commissioner for Culture, Tonye Oniyinde
9. Ngowari Kalio
10. Geru Omereji
11. Senior Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor on Protocol, Ambassador Harold Koko
12. O. Adele
13. Dr Jacob Beredugo , Executive Assistant to the Rivers State Governor on Research And Documentation (Secretary).”
Nwakaudu further disclosed that the committee would be inaugurated by Governor Wike on Friday, 6th March, 2020 by 11am at the Government House Port Harcourt.